WHAT IS SISU?
We're glad you asked! Sisu is a Finnish word which roughly translates to a "concept described as stoic determination, tenacity of purpose, grit, bravery, resilience, hardiness and is held by the Finns themselves to express their national character." (Wikipedia) Sisu is a mindset and way of life common among the Scandinavian cultures and it is our mission at Sisu Coffee to share this tenacity with the world. Check out our Blog Post "The Meaning of Sisu" to learn more.
WHERE CAN I FIND SISU COFFEE LOCALLY?
- The Duquette General Store: 88235 State Highway 23 Duquette MN 55756 Find out more on their website https://duquettegeneralstore.com/
- The Minnesota Discovery Center: 1005 Discovery Drive Chisholm, MN 55719. Hours and information on their website https://www.mndiscoverycenter.com/
- The Hibbing Farmer's Market: Saturdays through the summer, Sisu Coffee can be found at the Hibbing Farmer's Market. The market is open 9-1 on Saturdays.
- Craft and Vendor Fairs: Visit our Events list to find a complete list of places to FIND YOUR SISU! Events are subject to cancellation due to COVID.
- Sunrise Bakery: Located at 2601 1st Ave in Hibbing, Sunrise Bakery offers sweet treats and savory soups and sandwiches.
WHERE DO THE COFFEE BEANS COME FROM?
Our beans are sourced from sustainable farms throughout the world. The beans are purchased through Co-Ops which work with the farmers to offer the highest quality beans and ensure a fair price for the farmers. See our blog posts "Meet the Coffee" to learn more about the origin of our coffees.
WHERE ARE THEY ROASTED?
Sisu Coffee partners with Arrowhead Coffee Roasters in Virginia, MN. Arrowhead Coffee Roasters provides the knowledge and experience to roast the coffees to perfection ensuring the best-tasting coffee for you.
WHAT IS MICRO-ROASTING?
Micro-roasting refers to coffees roasted in batches of 100 pounds or less. Micro-roasting allows the roaster to fine-tune the roast level to get the perfect flavor.
HOW DO I GET FREE SHIPPING?
Free shipping is offered to customers who purchase 3 bags of coffee or more in one order shipped to the same address.
DO YOU DELIVER?
YES! Local delivery options available within 20 miles of Chisholm MN on orders of 2 bags or more. Select "Coffee Concierge Service" at checkout for free delivery option.
CAN I GET MY COFFEE GIFT WRAPPED?
Gift wrapping options are available only for local delivery. Options include decorative box, tissue paper and card. Please Contact Us if you would like to get a special gift box delivered to a loved one in the Iron Range area. Special packages available for Realtors, wedding gifts and more!
WHY ARE MY COFFEE BEANS OILY?
The oily sheen on the outside of the dark roast coffee beans is a natural result of the coffee roasting process. As the beans heat up, chemical reactions take place within the beans which drive the oils to the surface. If the oily beans cause problems with your grinding equipment, try Sisu Coffee's Medium Roast Papua New Guinea Beans or Scandinavian Blend. Both have some of the chocolaty flavors of dark roasts, but are not as oily since they are not roasted as long.
GOT A QUESTION?
We love to hear from our customers. Email us at our Contact us below and get an answer!
Micro-roasted Coffee ensures the freshest, highest quality coffee beans for the customer. Order today and taste the difference for yourself!